Is your skin dull, dry, and damaged from too much fun in the sun this summer? Head into fall with a BRIGHTER complexion by adding Vitamin C into your skincare regimen.
Benefits of Vitamin C for Skin
Vitamin C is one of the most potent topical antioxidants available ... it's like a “superfood” for your skin.
It promotes collagen production which improves elasticity in the skin, and its powerful antioxidants can brighten a dull complexion and erase sun spots.
If you struggle with hyperpigmentation or scarring, daily use of a Vitamin C serum can target those areas, giving you a radiant, more even complexion.
Vitamin C can also help protect the skin from precancerous changes caused by UV exposure by neutralizing free radicals.
Vitamin C helps to:
- Reduce wrinkles by protecting and stimulating collagen production
- Reduce hyperpigmentation and even skin tone
- Brighten complexion
- Protect against pollution, sun damage, and free radicals
So say bye-bye to uneven skin tone and hello to a brighter, smoother, plumper complexion.
What You Need to Know about Vitamin C Serums
Serums are a great delivery method for Vitamin C because they are designed to deliver a higher concentration of active ingredients. They come in a wide variety of strengths ranging from 5-30%.
If you have dry or sensitive skin you’ll want to start with lower concentrations at first (5-10%). Those with normal to oily skin should tolerate the 20-30% levels well.
Vitamin C works very well in combination with vitamin E, ferulic acid, vitamin B, and hyaluronic acid. Look for a serum that contains a combination of these ingredients for maximum benefits in fighting free radical damage and boosting collagen production.
These tips will help you get the best possible results from your serum:
- Start slowly by using a phased approach. Use only on alternate days until your skin adjusts to the new product, then switch to daily use.
- If you experience irritation or redness, try mixing 2-3 drops of the serum into your moisturizer or switch to a vitamin C-infused moisturizer to buffer the active ingredients.
- To get the maximum benefits, apply your Vitamin C serum in the morning to freshly cleansed skin. But make sure to let it absorb into your skin before going outside.
- Don’t use vitamin C at the same time as retinoids or benzoyl peroxide. Instead, use one product in the morning, and the other in the evening or use them on different days.
- Protect your investment by storing your products properly. Vitamin C is unstable when exposed to light and air, so make sure to store your products in a cool place, away from direct sunlight.
- Make sure to use SPF 30+ over your vitamin C product to further protect your skin.
- Look for any changes in color or scent due to oxidation. It will reduce the effectiveness of the product.
- Guarantee the quality of your serum by using professional skincare products, like Revision Skincare’s C+ Correcting Complex 30%™.
Get Your Vitamin C Serum at IDT
Integrated Dermatology of Tidewater carries professional-grade Revision Skincare products.
If you’re looking for a powerful solution to recapture younger, more radiant-looking skin, Revision Skincare has an entire Brightening Skin Regimen for your convenience.
- Brightening Facial Wash - rejuvenating cleanser for brighter, smoother skin
- C+ Correcting Complex 30%™ - antioxidant blend with patent-pending MelaPATH™ technology
- Nectifirm® ADVANCED - next-generation technology for a younger-looking neck and décolletage
- Retinol Complete® 0.5 - for reduced appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Revision Skincare® age-defying moisturizer with sunscreen
- Intellishade® (Original, Matte or TruPhysical™) or Multi-Protection Broad-Spectrum SPF 50
If you would like to add a Vitamin C product into your current skincare routine you can choose from Revision C+ Correcting Complex or one of two Vitamin C lotions.
C+ Correcting Complex 30%
Vitamin C Lotion 15%
Vitamin C Lotion 30%
If you need professional assistance in choosing a serum and integrating it into your skincare regimen, book a FREE consultation ($50 value) with one of the aesthetic experts at IDT today.
(757) 461-1033 (Opt. 1)
Integrated Dermatology of Tidewater
Integrated Dermatology of Tidewater
Integrated Dermatology of Tidewater, located in Norfolk, Virginia, provides comprehensive personalized dermatologic care to patients of all skin types, conditions, and ages.
Medical director Jonathan Schreiber, MD, PhD and the entire professional medical team at Integrated Dermatology of Tidewater approach dermatologic exams from the medical root of an issue, and similarly, cosmetic issues from the science of a treatment, using science-based support and results with the treatment services offered to patients.